Step-By-Step Garage Construction
We feel it is important for our customers to understand the process that is involved in constructing a garage so we have provided our step-by-step guide to completing a new garage build.
- Removal of all old concrete.
- Site excavation/preparation.
- New concrete floor with steel reinforcement.
- 4” air entrained concrete floor.
- High and dry water ledge system to prevent seepage.
- Transition apron (width of garage).
- All concrete to meet local building codes.
- All lumber is kiln dried and construction grade.
- Bottom plate is waterproof, wolmanized and bolted to concrete.
- Studs are 2” X 4” house construction grade (8’ high standard).
- Double 2” X 12” full width headers combined for extra strength.
- Raised panel overhead door (choice of color and style).
- Weather stripping all around overhead door.
- Pre-finished moulding around doors (optional).
- Siding available in many colors and styles.
- Choice of roofing and colors.
- 15 lb. felt underlayment.
- Exterior grade sheathing.
- 2” X 6” heel cut rafters.
- 2” X 6” wall ties.
- Top plate is double 2” X 4” interlocked at corners.
- Boxed in eaves completely sealed.
- Roof air vent with screen.